Supply Chain Planner
Do you have experience of supply chain and production planning?
Are you able to manage, quality assure and undertake analysis, mapping and redesign of the commercial and physical supply chain processes, improving effectiveness as well as supporting R&D / innovation? Want to work for a globally recognised organisation?
A Supply Chain Planner is required to take responsibility for the supply chain aspects of Service and "innovative support" activities, NPI, EOL and non-standard operations globally.
What will you be doing?
- Manage the supply chain aspects of NPI planning and implementation
- Manage one-off, non-standard supply chain operations.
- Manage the corresponding End-Of-Life processes (inventory, sku reduction, etc.).
- Support the implement of an R&D process methodology.
- Define and implement innovation process throughout the wider supply chain.
- Work closely with department managers to pull in customer, market and supplier requirements and developments into R&D projects.
- Build relationships with commercial / supply chain and OMG process owners
- Develop best practices and tools for process analysis, mapping and redesign.
- Quality assure process input and output from other team members and process owners.
- Analysis and mapping of un-documented processes including embedded historical knowledge where necessary.
- Ownership of the collation and mapping of document, information and system flows
- Increase the effectiveness of the current processes to improve costs, efficiency, integration, information flow etc
- Assess organisational capabilities and supply chain partner organisations (customer & supplier) as an input to process redesign.
- Support regions and distributed central functions (e.g. spares & service) with technical knowledge and training to optimise their individual supply chain activities and therefore their inventory and expenditure.
- Design intercompany interfaces; process and IT.
- Specify IT requirements and manage to implementation.
- Manage the training in of the adapted / redesigned processes.
What do you need?
- Project Planning & Management tools & techniques
- Commercial process experience in the Far East beneficial.
- Outsourcing experience would be beneficial
- Familiarity with a wide gamut of commercial processes throughout a single business and the broader supply chain
- Ideally degree educated
- CIPS or other supply chain qualification ideally
- Strong process analysis & mapping skills.
What's on offer?
- Competitive salary – negotiable - please advise min rate seeking on application
- 25 days holiday (opportunity to purchase extra 5 days to 30)
- Life Insurance
- Opportunity to develop and expand knowledge and career